‘Twas the Friday before Cannonfest and all through the city, everyone was getting excited and the planners were busy! Ok but seriously…
Cannonfest V is right around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited for all that we have in store.
With the fun just two days away, we wanted to share some of the great details we have in store for everyone who comes out.
First the facts – this year’s event will be at Strongwater Food & Spirits at 400 W Town Street from 1-4 PM. This year we’re really creating a true CBJ fan festival – why not bring the FEST? So plan to come out and mill about a fantastic local Columbus joint and take in all that is awesome about the Blue Jackets and Blue Jackets fans.
- Most importantly, if you haven’t already let us know you’re showing up, well why not? Tweet with the hashtag #SeeYouAtCannonfest and we’ll have a nametag ready for you at the door
- Who is going to lead us through the party? None other than the incomparable Mike Todd will serve as MC for the festivities – we’re so happy to have him join us. And don’t be surprised when Dave Maetzold makes an appearance as well!
- What’s a party without giving back? Joining us in one way or another will be the Sedona Grace Foundation, the Blue Jackets Foundation and Defending the Blue Line. We will have ways for you to support them – please bring dry dog food for the Sedona Grace Foundation or….
- We’ll have a raffle with proceeds benefiting the CBJ Foundation.There’s going to be some pretty cool stuff to go after so be sure the check that out.
- We’ve got special things coming from our great fan-focused groups including the Jacket Backers, CBJ Artillery and Arch City Army
- The talented Ashley Ware, whose graphic design talents you’ve seen in CBJ valentines and player art will be exhibiting her work and have four special prints available for purchase ONLY at Cannonfest (We’ve seen ’em, they’re fantastic)
- Papa John’s pizza is also gonna show up with some goodies for everyone and maybe a surprise or two
- A display of CBJ memorabilia and jerseys
With all of that going on, you’re bound to be hungry. Check out local food trucks Ajumama, OH! Burgers, and Cilantro. And of course we’ll have drinks (alcoholic and non) for purchase. You know what else is cool? Our participating food trucks will be donating a portion of all purchases to the CBJ Foundation as well.
Think that’s not enough to take in? Well of course we can’t share all our secrets. There’s more, but you’ll just have to come out Sunday to see what that is!
Cannonfest has always been about how great Columbus, the Blue Jackets, and Blue Jackets fans really are – we hope you’ll join us for this celebration of our awesome city and our awesome hockey team.
Let’s go Jackets – and #SeeYouAtCannonfest!