Hello all! I’m trying something a little different that was inspired by a post over at Leafs Hub. I got in touch with Mark Seidel who is the Chief Scout for North American Central Scouting (an independent scouting service since 1993) and has a vast history of experience including:
- Former NHL Scout; Minnesota Wild (NHL)
- Former Assistant GM; Erie Otters (OHL)
- Former OHL Head Scout; Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
- Former Commissioner; NOJHL
- Former NHL Draft Insider; Hockey Night in Canada
- Former NHL Draft Specialist; The Hockey News
- Former NHL Draft Insider; ESPN
- Former National Radio Co-Host with Jeff Marek; HNIC Radio on Sirius & Leafs Lunch
- Chief Scout; North American Central Scouting (NACS)
- Various National Media appearances including Off the Record on TSN, Sun Newspapers, The National Post &The Globe & Mail
- Former Junior A General Manager; Espanola & Sudbury (NOJHL)
I sent Mark some questions about the pending draft for the Blue Jackets and here are his thoughts. Enjoy!
The CBJ seemingly need to restock their depth at defense. Of the top two dmen that they could choose at 8, (Provorov/Werenski) who would you choose if you were the GM?
I would take Werenski. I think he has a chance to be a franchise defender. He has a very complete game and showed this year that he can play against men in all 3 zones. A lot of guys in my business LOVE Provorov but I’m slightly concerned about his ability to defend and although he has elite skills, I’m not sure I’d take him in the Top 10 in this VERY good Draft. Continue reading…