Author Topic: #CBJSocial Ticket Contest - THIS SATURDAY VS BLACKHAWKS  (Read 1718 times)

Offline AlisonL

• Union Blue
    • View Profile
    • The Union Blue
  • Fav Player: Dorsett
  • Twitter: AlisonL
#CBJSocial Ticket Contest - THIS SATURDAY VS BLACKHAWKS
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
Would you like to experience the new CBJ Social Station? Join us THIS SATURDAY - January 26th when our Blue Jackets take on the Chicago Blackhawks. We have 3 pairs of tickets to give away - to enter our contest, simply reply to this post describing (at least three reasons) how social media has impacted you as a Blue Jackets fan. We'll pick three winners based on these submissions. A few guidelines:

• This tickets MUST be used this Saturday
  • Tickets are for you and a guest's use only and will be available at will call on game day
  • We ask you to share your experience on social media during the game using the hashtag #CBJSocial
  • Please respond to this post with your thoughts and include your twitter handle (if you are not on twitter please note that you will be notified via private message here in the forum)
All submissions must be received by 8AM Friday, January 25th. Winners will be announced no later than noon, Friday January 25th.

Please submit any questions or clarifications to AlisonL via twitter or PM here in the forum. For more information on the Social Station, you can read HERE
"And if you want a team game, where the goal is the team and the goal is to win, you need a player with an emotional and practical stake in the game, a player to remind you of that game, to bring you back to it whenever you forget it..." ~Ken Dryden

Offline Arobb911

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Boll
  • Twitter: @Arobb911
Re: #CBJSocial Ticket Contest - THIS SATURDAY VS BLACKHAWKS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
1. I have made some great friends! Being able to talk to them during games has been great.

2. I actually started playing some hockey! No league yet but a large part goes to Alison and Reddit for helping me.

3. I feel more involved with the team. I have been able to chat with a few players because of Twitter and I just feel you can't get that with any other sport.

Offline alightfoot

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Johansen
  • Twitter: @AdamLightfoot
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »
I finally joined!  I love that there is so much passion in the #CBJ community!

Social media has really changed the way that I follow hockey!  I've been a hockey fan for nearly 30 years, stemming from my days watching the Kalamazoo Wings.  While I watched and rooted for the Red Wings in college, I never would have called myself a die hard NHL fan as my roots were in the IHL.   Anyways, when I moved to Columbus in '99, I was thrilled that the NHL was coming to Columbus.  My brother became a season ticket holder after the 2nd year and I attended 10-20 games a year with him up until last year when he could no longer renew. 

That's when Twitter began to fill my void.  While I don't tweet myself an awful lot, I love to follow those of you who do.  The passion, and excitement that you all have for the game reminds me of what I experienced in a small market IHL town.  We didn't have the best team, but man were those games fun!  Add to that, a number of the players and other folks from the organization are active as well.  It makes me feel like I'm a part of something, if only from afar.  I even won some tickets last year from one of the early @BlueJacketsNHL twitter trivia contests last year. 

Growing up in Michigan, I know what hockey markets feel like and without a doubt, Columbus is a great one!  With the fan base that we have, and the changes in the organization in the past 12 months, the future is bright in Columbus.  The #CBJSocial is proof that hockey works here, and when the team continues to have success, the haters will have no choice but to finally admit it!

Let's Go Jackets! 

Thanks for reading!

@AdamLightfoot
#JTB #CBJ

Offline SteelJacket12

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: MacKenzie
  • Twitter: EvilPeaches12
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
1. Connected with great people via Twitter that i wouldn't have otherwise

2. Was able to get more involved with the fan base of the jackets more so than the other sports team I support

3. Also connected with many other fans form other teams on twitter and through other social media based events (Central Division TweetUp)

@EvilPeaches12

Offline Jseck93

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Prospal
  • Twitter: Jseck93
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Are you kidding! Social media, aka Twitter, has been so great to me as a Blue Jackets fan!
I have had the opportunity to chat/tweet with some of the most amazing & interesting people from various backgrounds & viewpoints that I otherwise would never have known existed!  I have also actually met a lot of these great people in person! The best part? They are also avid, crazy, & passionate fellow Blue Jackets fans!

I must also mention that the players on social media, not only from the NHL, but all hockey leagues, are very entertaining & insightful...sometimes lol, and they will reply to the fans. I have been able to "talk" to some of my favorite players & they answer back. It's quite exciting to interact with actual players who I would probably never get to talk to in person! Also, I don't want to leave out the "traditional media" folks who are also on Twitter & are willing & eager to interact with the fans.  Twitter is really a great way to connect with my Blue Jackets!

Speaking of the Blue Jackets organization, You can tweet them about anything, serious, silly, or otherwise & they will answer you.  I know because I have asked quite a few things over the past few years & I always get a response.  As a die hard CBJ fan, it is good to know that the Blue Jackets organization cares about its fans & tries to make us all feel like a part of the CBJ family!

Lastly, everyone has the opportunity win suite tickets via Twitter!

Offline mmajeski06

• View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Fav Player: Wisniewski
  • Twitter: @mmajeski06
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
First off, social media was the means by which I found the Union Blue blog and message board. This place has become the main place I go to for Blue Jackets news and to interact with other fans of the team.

Second, the Blue Jackets very open social media policy when it comes to players has allowed a ton of interaction with the players who actually wear the uniform and we cheer for. In the past you had to wait for the off chance of meeting a player after a game or going to a fan signing. The Blue Jackets players are interactive on twitter. It changes the way you look at a player, as you get some insight into their lives off the ice. Other teams are not as trusting of their players and social media and do not allow them to interact with fans. I am happy the Blue Jackets are not among those teams. I also love that the official Blue Jackets twitter account interacts with fans, and is not just a news feed or a play-by-play feed. It is a "down to earth" account with a good sense of humor. Hockey is supposed to be fun. I am happy the Blue Jackets realize this and project that with their official twitter feed @BluejacketsNHL.

Finally, social media has brought all of the blogs, websites, and news sites together allowing easy, comprehensive coverage of Blue Jackets games and events. Instead of having to monitor multiple message boards, blogs, and news sites during a game, it is all compiled in one easy to view place. This allows me to quickly monitor the news in between periods or during the game, but not miss any of the action.

@mmajeski06
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:41:47 PM by mmajeski06 »

Offline eshircliff

• View Profile
    • Crash The Net
  • Fav Player: Nikitin
  • Twitter: imaraindancer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
1) I started out my life as a hardcore Blackhawks game with an occasional tryst with my mistress the San Jose Sharks. I saw on twitter how inexpensive tickets were at Nationwide Arena. I ended up attending a game right behind the Blue Jackets bench. I fell in love with the Blue Jackets that day and thus was the beginning of my break up with the Chicago Blackhawks.

2) The players are fairly active with their fan base. Constantly trying to make fans feel important to the organization. James Wisniewski inadvertently helped me get my last job. He was tweeting out about local businesses so i decided to say hey i'm unemployed. Wiz tweeted out that i needed a job and some random fan of the cbj from canada tweeted at me a job lead. That job lead turned into a job. :) That definitely helped solidify my fandom.

3) I've met many people form many different walks of life through the blue jackets twitter. Every time they follow friday me or tweet out my blog I always get a chance to meet new and fascinating people who like the team as much as i do. It definitely has help expand my networking and has made me realize what I want to do in life.

i know you are looking for only 3 but here is a fourth one ;) 4) my friend is coming in from chicago. She's active on twitter and I want to show all those chicago fans just how awesome the CBJ organization is. I almost have her converted to complete blue jackets fandom. Chicago may have a stanley cup but they don't have anything like this :)

@imaraindancer

Offline cbjcc8

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Dorsett
  • Twitter: @cbjcc8
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Well where do I start?!?!?   :)

1) Being a huge fan of hockey in Columbus, social media has allowed me to keep up to date on EVERYTHING Blue Jackets including stats, game day previews, etc..

2) It has also made me more interested in other teams, how the other 29 NHL teams are doing and "what they are saying" about the Blue Jackets (good OR bad)

3) And more importantly has allowed me to meet friends and fans of NHL and Blue Jackets!

If anyone would like to follow me on twitter, you can do so @cbjcc8

**Light The Lamp....Carry The Flag....Join The Battle and March On!....want to experience HARDCORE HOCKEY?...you Gotta See It Live!

Offline crewfan

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Atkinson
  • Twitter: tony_long17
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »
1. Twitter allows me to interact with other fans during the game who may have a different angle in the arena or who may have observations from their seats.

2. Twitter is also a great way to stay connected with the CBJ family - players, FO, and other fans. It really connects hockey fans in a city that is less engrossed in the sport.

3. The FB group pages are great ways to connect to other fans during the season (ticket sales and meet up events for away games) and to discuss hockey during the off season.

I have met a lot of great people through social media and one in particular who kept me engaged as I was about to lose all faith in the direction of the club and  its ability to field a competitive team.

Offline gregin120

• View Profile
    • Full Mental Jackets
  • Fav Player: Wisniewski
  • Twitter: @gregin120
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
1) One of the Ice Girls follows me on Twitter. I had major self-esteem issues prior to this.

2) If it weren't for social media, I wouldn't know about the tweetup by the cannon after the first period at home games. I get more hugs there in 5 minutes than I get at home in a month.

3) The people I've met through being an active #CBJ participant are the some of the finest, most decent and fun-loving folks I have ever met. We've suffered through a lot of disappointment together, but it's been a most enjoyable journey every step of the way.  And when we do win, and we will(!), it's going to be INCREDIBLE to live it with them.

Offline tcurrent

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Umberger
  • Twitter: @tcurrent
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
1) Twitter has impacted me as a CBJ fan by being able to stay in touch with the organization in a personal way that I would not get without being on Twitter.

2) I met a Season ticket holder on twitter and have been able to use his tickets when he is unable to attend the games and have developed a good friendship with him through Twitter.

3) Following the Blue Jackets and other CBJ fans during the lockout kept my fire for the NHL going even though no hockey was being played.

Twitter is the greatest way to connect with other people who have similar interests as you and the Blue Jackets and their fans are among the best follows on Twitter!

My Twitter handle is @tcurrent.

Offline cbjherd

• View Profile
  • Fav Player: Johnson
  • Twitter: prayl07
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
Twitter has been a huge help with my hockey addiction. Honestly, I only signed up for twitter to follow hockey news and players. I hardly ever posted until I started to follow a couple of cbj fans and have enjoyed talking hockey with everyone.

I live outside of Ohio so hockey news doesn't get here as fast as other places. So twitter has bridge that gap and has given me the ability to know about the bluejackets 24/7. Also, this year the passion that the cbj community has shown has been outstanding. Getting a "let's go jackets" chant going last night was great.

I love the cbj community on and off twitter, but twitter is great for the out of state fans who love the team and wants knowledge of what's going on with the team.

Let's go Jackets!!!

Twitter: prayl07

Also first post!!!

Offline slkysmth2

• View Profile
  • Twitter: slkysmth2
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »
I cannot get enough Twitter news about the Blue Jackets.
1) It keeps me in the loop on the game when I can't watch it due to "life" getting in the way.  Much better than reading the score later that day.
2) I feel like I have the inside scoop on the what going on before everyone else.  Case in point, I think we knew about the All Star Game (RIP) at least 24 hours before it broke on traditional media.
3) It really adds to the community of a game when you are there and build excitement when you can interact with other fans at the game even when you are not.
4)FUN!

Keep up the good work

@slkysmth2

#CBJsocial

Offline jazuehlke

• View Profile
  • Twitter: jazuehlke
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
I like to follow all the Blue Games on Social Media because:

1) I love watching my husband post comments on Facebook about the games and the players, he posts and watches all while watching three kids!
2) I love watching my friends comment about good shots (and bad!) throughout the game
3) Even when I don't have time to gather with friends and watch the game, I know I can always rely on game updates through my trusty friends on Facebook

@jazuehlke

Offline 1_cbjfan

• View Profile
  • Twitter: 1_cbjfan
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:33:33 AM »
Social Media has impacted me as a Blue Jackets fan by the following:

1. I don't get as much work done because I'm always checking Twitter and Facebook for updates and insight on upcoming games.

2. It was nice during the lockout to be able to keep up to date on the latest developments since ESPN and local media hardly covered it.

3. I like being able to follow players and get a little insight to what they're thinking regarding upcoming games and events.

4. I thought it was great that some players, like Wisniewski, had contests and specials during the lockout to keep the fans interested in hockey.

@1_cbjfan